Monday, March 23, 2009

CSIS103L115 April Baton Research Question

Problem Statement: As we progress as a society, we are learning that our own actions as human beings on this earth are affecting our future negatively. Our existence and way of life is making a great impact on the environment. Because of pollutants spewing out of cars, chemicals seeping into the soil, and over-consumption of natural resources, planet Earth’s environmental outlook can be interpreted as bleak. Many people want to make sure our planet will not fall into permanent disrepair. Americans, especially, need a way of life that instills less impact on our planet.

Research Question: Is a shift to simple living, or “voluntary simplicity” a beneficial and reasonable route for Americans to reverse or slow down our negative impact on the planet thus far? 


I am open to suggestions as to how I can make my Research Question better, whether through wording or what I should be focusing on. Please comment and let me know what you think =]

3 comments:

  1. This is an interesting topic. I am intersted to know how in our current society today, with all the new invetions and technology, how we would backtrack and get a mass amount of people to give up these luxuries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your topic, what exactly do you mean by "simple living" though, going green? less of a carbon footprint?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems interesting! can't wait to see how it turns out

    ReplyDelete